Monday, April 7, 2008

What's that noise?

Maggie, Zoe and I missed church today, because we all have some form of a cold. Glenn left to go to a meeting before church and then later I heard his parents leave. After a while I was hearing someone in the kitchen making LOTS of noise. It sounded like Glenn's mom putting dishes away. I had Zoe sleeping in my arms, but decided I better go see what was going on. When I got down to the kitchen Maggie was very diligently putting dished away. She was making sure everything was dry and leaving all the breakable items "neatly" stacked on the counter for me to put away later. She was very impressed with herself, as was I. Apparently she had told Grandma that she would do the dishes and she was making sure she kept her word. Somewhere along the way she realized that she could probably get something out of her hard work. She told me that since she was doing the dishes that she could earn a reward...like Chuck-E-Cheese or Maggie Moo's or maybe a double doozie cookie. She is no dummy! She knows how to work her parents!! I love my little con-artist.

No comments: