It has been too long between posts and too many pictures have been taken. I love having my digital camera, but now that I don't have to get my pictures developed I have over 100 pictures on my memory card that need to be printed and blogged. I will do as much as I can while Zoe sleeps. That doesn't usually take up much time, but she was really tired so maybe I will have a few minutes. So, here we go!
Maggie was able to take swimming lessons for two weeks and she had a lot of fun. I thought she would be nervous and not want to get in, but she went right in and never looked back. Parents were not allowed in by the pool until the last day. It was not really possible to take good pictures through the glass so I only got a few good ones on her last day. She was very proud to have finally earned her certificate and ribbon. Miss Patty was lots of fun and Maggie really enjoyed her swimming experience.
A couple of weeks ago Grandma and Grandpa decided to do some repair work on their house and garage. Glenn helped out alot and so did Maggie and Zoe. They had fun painting with Dad and helping him measure the wood.
It's only June and Maggie has had four different primary teacher's. Her first got called to a stake calling early in the year, her second got called to counselor in the primary shortly after being called as her teacher and her third was just put in a different ward due to boundary changes. I don't even know who her new teacher is.
First was Sister Amberlee Bingham, next was a team of Krystle Johnson and Sister Heather Hemingway, then it was Sister Janet Bassett. They all loved Maggie and enjoyed having her in their classes.
Maggie had so much fun during her first year in school. She loved Mrs. Powers and doesn't want to move on to the first grade. I think she'll get over that real quick though. Change is hard at first but she adjusts well. She always makes friends really easily and has lots of fun in the process. Her best friend from kindergarten is Merari Portillo. They talked about each other all the time and they always wanted to call each other. Merari's mom and I have talked a couple of times and we realized quickly that they were so much alike. Both are very energetic and outgoing. They love to learn and share the knowledge they have gained with others. They are cute together and have lots of fun with each other. We hope they can keep their friendship going even if they don't get in the same first grade class.
Mrs. Powers, Mrs. B. this was a teacher that would greet the kids that came in the bus entrance. When I would walk Maggie to school we would enter through that door. She would always give Maggie a hug, sing her a song and tell her to blow me a kiss. She was great!
MAGGIE & MERARI, BEST FRIENDS!


No comments:
Post a Comment