Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Worst Mother Award Goes To...

I feel like such a jerk. Maggie has had her glasses for a year now and has been saying lately that she can't see out of her left eye. She has been practically sitting on top of the TV and has had a problem with reading. I took the doctors word that we didn't need to patch her eye and that her glasses would work just fine. NOT TRUE! We just got back from her yearly eye check-up (with a new pediatric opthamolagist and he said that her prescription was way off and she was having such a hard time seeing out of her left eye she couldn't focus on him. He had to keep telling her "look right at me", "look straight ahead", "it's really important that you look right at me". I almost started crying because I realized just how bad it was. She really can't see out of her left eye. We have to patch her right eye so she can train her left eye to work. He is also putting her in bifocals because it turns in even more up close. He said to have her wear the patch for 6 - 8 hours a day, with her glasses and to come back in two months. There should be noticeable improvement in that time. Her next appointment is just a few days before school starts. I hope we can keep the patch on her and help her understand how important it is.

I had to take this very rare opportunity I have been given to get some updating done. Both the girl's are asleep right now and that NEVER happens. Maggie has not taken a nap in years. I didn't want her to get a headache from them dilating her eyes so I layed down with her to "relax" for a few minutes and she was out like a light. I found this picture of me the other day and thought it was cute and it reminded me of my girls. They both like to have their dolls or toys with them. I staged these pictures today, because both of them just basically passed out, but they do like to sleep with their "friends".

Me and my entourage!

Maggie and her crew!

Zoe and her gang!

THIS IS HOW WE ROLL!!

2 comments:

Justin and Lindy said...

Ughh... Unforunately I know all about the eyepatch! Just be sure you watch her when she rides her bike. Mine spent more time on the bike handle than it did on my eye and would conveniently be replaced just before I opened the door! Don't tell Maggie though, she may get ideas

Kimbra said...

So your blog is really cute! I can't believe how much Maggie looks like you...like a carbon copy. I know that sounds dumb because, of course she looks like you! I can't believe your youngest is almost 2 years old! I'm sure you can't belive it either!! And you're right, I'm sure the sass from Marley will come a lot sooner than 13!