Sunday, September 21, 2008

Feeling Powerless

I'm feeling powerless in more ways than one, but the obvious being we are literally powerless. It has now been full week with no electricity and we are feeling the effects. We feel like burdens and beggars, asking relatives if we can wash clothes and dishes or if we can take a shower. This has been the most unpleasant experience I have personally been through, but hopefully it is nearing an end. We decided to make the trip up to Glenn's aunts house who lives about 45 minutes north of us. They got their power restored a few days ago and invited us up for the weekend since the temperatures are rising as is the humidity. We had a great time and the girl's have had a ball. Their house is amazing and so inviting. We felt so welcome and taken care of. Thank you Brenda and Allan for helping us feel comfortable for a couple of days.
(I don't have time to post much, but more will be added later including pictures)

No comments: