Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Final Destination...For Now

We arrived on November 4, 2008

Our apartment complex nestled snugly in the mountains

This is from the south side of our complex. There are horses, cows and sheep down there. This could get pretty stinky in the summer.

The following three pictures were taken on Maggie's first day of school. They are views from different rooms in our apartment. This was last Monday. The whole week was cloudy, gloomy and cold. We got Maggie all outfitted with new snow clothes for school and then this week has been beautiful and warm. She hasn't even needed a jacket.



Some Evanston sites...

This is the main street. The houses are old, small and really close together.
This house is also on the main street. I'm not really sure what it's all about. They must really like dinosaurs...a lot!

Our new chapel

Maggie's new school. I haven't gotten pictures of her new teacher yet, but she really likes her. Her name is Ms. Lambert. She is very nice and seems to really enjoy teaching the kids. Maggie is lucky to have been put in her class. We went early on Maggie's first day to meet her and she showed us her room and told us a little bit about what to expect. When I was getting ready to leave she said, "I need to give you a hug!" It was so nice. She made me cry. I told her that I was just nervous for Maggie and she said she knew just how I was feeling.

Evanston's "E" mountain

This is by far the most annoying part of Evanston. This is the speed limit through out the whole town. It only goes down from here. Just beyond the liquor store it goes up to 40, but we never go that way since there's nothing up there.

This was a very pretty sunset. Of course the picture doesn't quite capture it. The yellow's and orange's were very bright and beautiful.

No comments: