Tuesday, November 18, 2008

She Was Right

During a conversation I had with Mandi, before our move was final, I mentioned that everything was falling in to place with the move and it just seems like this is what we are supposed to do and where we are supposed to be. She said we'll feel that way until we get here and meet our drunken, porn-addicted, fireworks shooting neighbors. That's encouraging!

Well she was partly right. So far our neighbors have been very quiet and nice. We really don't see much of anyone, which is awesome! We live in a very quiet complex. Thank heaven!
However, there are several liquor stores, one porn shop and three or four firework shops. Here's the proof...
I guess we should feel lucky that there's only one.

They needed to make it easier to get.

For those that are too drunk to get out of their cars to walk into the store.

I don't see this as being a good combination, but whatever!

This is actually the view from Glenn's office.

This is the last one. There used to be a BlackCat store, but it is just an empty lot now. The building is gone. Maybe it blew up!

This liquor store is on the corner of our street. When we came home from Provo this last time Maggie kept asking how much longer and if we could see the light of the city. We kept telling her just a little bit longer. When we could finally see the light of the city we pointed them out to her and her reply was, "can you see the liqour store?" NICE. We know we're home when we can see the liquor store! Not exactly how I pictured "home", but for now it's the best we can do.

Thanks for the warning us Mandi!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Told you so, but don't ask how I knew!! Some day I'll come visit and you can show me the virtuous side of Evanston. Don't worry, I'll give you some time to find it!

Sam said...

Okay whats with all the fireworks stores? I have never seen a whole store just for fireworks! In wyoming do they not just do fireworks on the 4th of July, is it an everyday thing there? I mean really how often do you need fireworks? Im very confused(as usual)!

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.