Yesterday I turned 35. Thanks to my family and friends I have had an amazing 35 years. Just like everyone else I have had many ups and downs, but choose to focus on the positive and hopefully improve the future.
We were down at Mom and Dad's last weekend and before we left they gave me some birthday money. I haven't figured out yet what to use it for. Maybe some earmuffs and a scarf. Shortly after receiving the money, Camille gave me this...
I suppose it's no secret that I love chocolate and apparently Starr is aware of my addiction. Thank you Starr, Landon & Camille. Money and chocolate. Does it get any better?
Yep, it does. Saturday Glenn took Maggie to play in the snow, but came back a few minutes later and said they were going to Wal-Mart to get a sled. When they came back they had also gotten me a birthday cheesecake. Oooh Yeah!
Then on Sunday we had to go to Salt Lake to take care of our cell phone problem and while we were there we stopped at Temple square which is one of my favorite places. Unfortunately we couldn't stay until they turned all the lights on because we didn't want to drive through the windy mountains in the dark and on snowy roads.
It was so cold that we took a minute to go into the assembly Hall.
I love how the snow piles up on the bare branches of the trees. I love snow. I don't like playing in it or driving in it, but I love how it makes everything look. I like watching the snow fall from the comfort of my house wrapped up in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate. That's my idea of nice winters day.
We went from the Assembly Hall to the North Visitors Center where we got to see the statue of Christ.
When I see the nail prints in the hands and feet it reminds me that my sins put those marks there. Each one of my sins helped pound the nails in his hands and feet. I am so grateful for Christ's sacrifice for me. I can be forgiven for all the wrong choices I make. I can be whole again because of his love for me.
Zoe and I got the chance to chaperon Maggie's field trip today. The first graders got to go see the movie Bolt. We all had a great time. On the way home from the movie I decided to go have lunch with Maggie at her school. When we were done with dinner we finally had the cheesecake and I got to blow out my candles. It's been a good birthday week. Thanks for the gifts, calls and facebook posts with happy birthday wishes.
Maggie, Kitty & Hakayla
"How old are you Mom?"
"35"
"Whoa, that's a lot. That's bigger than 100!"
Thanks Maggie! That makes a Mom feel good!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I didn't realize that you and Mandi both had your birthdays in December!
Post a Comment