Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Break, Part I

Friday (19th) - I wanted to leave as soon as I picked Maggie up from school today, but the weather was horrible. Lots of snow. We decided that we would wait until Sunday to leave because Saturday was supposed to be bad also.

Saturday (20th) - I was still thinking we would leave Sunday, but Glenn was watching the weather and thought since there was a break in the weather we should go ahead and go. We hastily packed up the van and the girls and I headed off. It turned out to be very windy which caused lots of snow drifts that at times were almost blizzard like conditions. Scary, but we made it without any problems.


Sunday (21st) - We went to church with Mom and Dad. Got to see lots of people I grew up with and even more I've never met. Maggie enjoyed going to primary even though Camille wasn't there to be with her.

Monday (22nd) - I worked on the gift I am giving as my white elephant gift at our family party on Saturday. Petersen's arrived today and Maggie couldn't wait to go out and play in the snow with Ethan. They had lots of fun making snow angels, playing in the tree house and sliding down the snowy slide. Maggie added more snow to the slide so she could go really fast, but Ethan wasn't too sure he liked that kind of speed. After playing for quite some time they came in and warmed up by the fire. Cecilee and Elise helped Mom make cookie dough and then all the kids helped cut them out and decorate them. I missed getting pictures of the cookie decorating fun.





Tuesday (23rd) - Glenn came down after work and was thrilled to be here for all the excitement of the evening. Starr brought up her "Crazy Frog" CD and all the kids danced and had lots of fun. Zoe couldn't stand to see anyone sitting down and kept pulling on everyone saying "mon". All the dancing and excitement totally wore Ethan out.



Wednesday (24th) - The Petersen's were planning to go sledding and invited all who wanted to go to come along. We decided to tag along and the Milne's came as well. Barilyn and I just went to take pictures and bolted as soon as we got too cold. Ethan decided to come home with us so we stopped at Wendy's on the way home to have some lunch. After everyone else got cleaned up and came back over to Mom and Dad's we opened a few gifts. Since Mandi and Justin and the Petersen's were not going to be at Mom and Dad's in the morning we opened their gifts before they left. Maggie got the traditional jammies from us, but since Zoe already had plenty of jammies she got to open something else. Before going to bed Maggie wrote Santa a note and left cookies too. She was even thinking of the Reindeer and figured they may like some carrots. Shelly slept over at Mom and Dad's and then went over to Lindy's to open gifts with them in the morning.
















Thursday (25th) - CHRISTMAS! We woke up late this morning and then opened gifts with Grandma and Grandpa. The girls had fun opening their presents and it was pretty hard for Maggie to let Zoe open her own gifts. I don't think Zoe minded since she would get distracted and wanted to play with the toys as they were opened. After gifts and breakfast Glenn and Maggie suited up and headed outside. Maggie finally got to make her first snowman or snowwoman. Mom found a snowwoman kit so when she was complete she was looking super fabulous. Glenn also worked on a snow cave, but Maggie got too cold so she came inside. Lots of fun in the snow today!









Friday (26th) - Tonight we all went to dinner in Salt Lake so we could see the lights at Temple Square. Trent made the announcement that he was getting married in March. We will all get to meet his fiance at our family party on Saturday.






Saturday (27th) - Mom and Dad rented two snowmobiles for the day (for some reason these pictures won't load). We all had so much fun. We were all glad that Landon and Camille made it back from Houston so they could have fun playing in the snow with us. Today was also our family party. We did our usual white elephant gift exchange which in the past has produced some interesting gifts, thanks to Ladd, but this year everyone was pretty tame.




No comments: