Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Scary Drive Home

I was glad that Glenn decided to drive down after Maggie's school on Friday. We had some good times and a little drama in just a few days. The drive home on Sunday was a tad bit scary. We had really snowy roads almost all the way and lots of snow continued to fall the whole drive. I was really happy that Glenn was ahead of me just in case our van had problems in the snow. I tried to get a few pictures, but they didn't turn out very well.
I was trying to capture the snow falling. It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it was coming down very hard. There many areas that I had a hard time seeing Glenn in front of me.

As we were driving up our hill I got stuck right in front of the first covered parking lot on the right. My tires just spun and spun so I finally had to back down the hill a little and then try to speed up to get all the way up. Good times!

These trees are part of our complex and the snow made them so pretty. The snow was a very wet heavy slushy snow so it is weighing all the branches down.

I love to see the snow and how pretty it makes everything, but I very much hate being out in it. Yesterday morning Glenn had to come home from work to take Maggie to school. They had not plowed our parking lot and I would not have been able to get our van out. Zoe and I stayed in our cozy little apartment all day until we went to get Maggie from school. They had finally gotten the snow plowed enough that I could get out. It snowed light flurries all day long so I was glad we were "stuck" at home. On the way to school this morning it was very lightly snowing very fine sand like drifts that looked like sparkly silver glitter. It was very pretty.

The scenery reminds me of one of my favorite hymns, "How Great Thou Art".

"O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder, Consider all the worlds They Hands have made; I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed..."

It amazes me how our Heavenly Father has made so many wonderful things for us to enjoy. Every season brings more beauty. I wish that I could capture the beauty and color of the sunsets. They are my favorite. I often wonder when I see an exceptionally beautiful sunset if perhaps our Heavenly Father allowed Tanya (or others that have gone before us) to help create it as a reminder to those of us that get to see it to enjoy life and every moment we have.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Okay so were you driving AND taking pictures at the same time....now thats scary! LOL!
The pictures of the snow are very pretty, I love the one of the tree. Zoe looks so peacefull sleeping, that is a very cute face!

it's just lisa said...

I love the last snow picture, so pretty. I was just singing that song to my kids like 5 minutes ago. It's a Brown Family fav :)

Justin and Lindy said...

So, I think the first pic is about where Justin and I died on our way home from Wyoming! It can be pretty scary when it's snowy and icy.