It all started a couple of week ago. I got an email from an online card company offering free Mother's Day cards. All you had to pay was shipping. I figured I wouldn't be able to do better than that especially for personalized cards with our pictures on them. I went ahead and ordered two. A few days later one card showed up. Then I saw the charge on our account and it was more than double what they said it would cost. I emailed the company to see if the other card was on it's way and what was going to be done about the cost. I received a reply saying there was a problem with the card and they were taking care of it and I would get the card that had the problem. That did not answer my question so I again emailed the company asking them to clarify. The reply was even more unclear than before. In short I only got one card, but they did fix the charges. So then my dilemma became do I take the one card I have to my Mom since I was going down to be with her OR do I send it to Glenn's Mom and hope the other one gets here before we leave. I couldn't decide what to do so in my frustration I set it on the table and decided to make my decision closer to the time for us to leave. My decision was finally made that I would take the card to my Mom and send Sharon hers as soon as it arrived. In all the rush to get things together and on our way I left the card on the table. Neither Mother got a card from the slackers! Sorry!!
Mother's Day itself was a bit unhappy for me. I spent the day either curled up on the couch or in bed. I wasn't able to help with the dinner prep or even enjoy all the yummy food. Sorry to all the sisters, Mom and Lindy who did all the work without any help from me. As the day progressed I got worse, but we had to head home so off we went. As we made our entrance into Heber I needed Glenn to make an emergency stop. He was in the far left turn lane and the cross traffic had the green light. I couldn't wait for our light to change so I ended up leaving a deposit along the road as we waited to be able to move. After he was able to turn off the road and hide me from the many vehicles that got to watch the spectacle, a Sheriff pulled up along side him and said that he just wanted to make sure that we didn't get hit. It was such a thrill!
So I truly hope that every Mother out there had a much better Mother's Day than I did. Every Mother I know deserves to be pampered and taken care of every day, but most assuredly on this one special day of the year.
Since I was totally unable to do anything I didn't get any pictures of the Mother's in my life or of the girls playing outside. I guess that's a good thing though since JUSTIN ended up spraying them with the hose and he had to bring a wet sobbing Zoe into me for comfort. So as his punishment he will be babysitting my kids again! It doesn't pay to be mean!
6 comments:
I'm so sorry you were sick on Mother's day. If it helps, I didn't have a Mother's day either. I hope you are feeling better!
NO! Hearing that does not make me feel better. It just makes me sad for both of us. Hopefully your lives will get back to normal soon.
So it's YOUR fault I'm throwing up today. If my kids get it I'll pay a visit to Evanston just to kick your butt!
Oh that stinks! I'm so sorry that you were sick AND the cards were a fiasco.
Did the cards at least turn out cute?
Bring it on Mandi! If you come to kick my butt at least you won't just drive by this time. I'm still not up to one hundred percent better. It's been five days! I hope yours doesn't last that long. Sorry!
Yes, Sarah the cards are totally cute and I still have to send another angrier letter to the company so I can get the second one.
I miss you - are you feeling good enough yet to come back to the blogging world?
Post a Comment