Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Revisit the Scene

Tuesday morning Glenn came home to get a few things so he could head up to the Carter Creek plant. Before he left I shared with him an ingenious thought I had. He could meet us for a picnic lunch at the spot where we had gotten stuck earlier this year. I have wanted to see how it looks now without snow and such. He agreed and headed off. The girls and I got ready and got some sandwiches and headed up too. I didn't realize what a long drive it was up there. Since our van has decided we no longer the comfort of AC we had to ride the whole way with the window down. We got very dusty since most of the road is dirt and there is always a lot of wind. At least our sandwiches were safely covered and grit free when we got there.

Along the way we got the joy of seeing MANY cows. They were everywhere. They were in the middle of the street. They didn't care about the car horn. They were annoying!

These two calves got separated from their mother when she decided to go up the hill behind them so they couldn't see her.
There were cows grazing and napping all around the gas plants. This one is closed down so there's not any real danger I guess. It was just funny to see them EVERYWHERE!
So we finally made it to our spot. Can you see why we couldn't get the truck out? We were stuck in those ruts and couldn't get the truck to move. They were pretty deep. In the front right part of the picture you can see a long board. That is where Lane and Lindsey got stuck. It doesn't look all that steep or difficult to get out of, but that's only because the tractor guy dug it out so much.
Of course Maggie was worried that we were going to go back in there. She asked if we were going to walk and breathed a big sigh of relief when I told her no. Too much trauma!
So when the snow comes again this winter we will not be 4 wheeling on this trail. There are many more out there just waiting to be discovered!

No comments: