We had Maggie's follow-up eye appointment yesterday morning and things are going very well. She has had 25% improvement in her vision. Her eye is not turning in as much either. If we keep patching her good eye and working on strengthening her bad eye we may be able to avoid surgery and hopefully stop patching soon.
Good work Maggie! I know the patch is annoying, but you have done a good job of keeping it on and getting your eyes better.
3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad the patch is working. They are a pain, but much better than surgery.
My youngest, Scott, had to wear a patch when he was little. He was also farsighted and had to wear glasses. Over time, his weak eye strengthened and he didn't have to wear the patch anymore. His problem corrected itself without surgery. It looks like you might be lucky too! I hope so.
It's funny, over time his eyes got less farsighted too. For a while they were normal and he didn't have to wear glasses at all. Then he started becoming nearsighted, and now he wears glasses for that! (Just like the rest of the family).
We're so proud of you, Maggie! Keep up the good work on the patching. We know it's hard - just ask Riley. He had the exact same experience as you and Scott and now he is totally nearsighted, too. Well, not exact - I think yours has definitly been worse and for longer, but you're a trooper.
Awesome news! I'm sure that it's pain to wear that every day. What a trooper!
Post a Comment