I am so glad that Maggie's school honored our veterans today with a flag ceremony. I don't know if many other schools across the nation did this or any other kind of celebration. It makes me so sad that so many schools are not "allowed" to say the pledge of allegiance or any thing else remotely patriotic.
Seeing all the kids and teachers with their hands on their hearts reciting the pledge of allegiance got me very teary. I love my country! I love the flag! I love what it stands for. I know that I am free because of all those men and women that sacrificed their lives for that freedom. I know that there is no way I could ever adequately express my gratitude to those that serve our country to keep my family safe and free.
Thank you to those that are able, and most importantly, willing to put their lives on the line for us.
1 comment:
I'm totally with you! It breaks my heart that people don't love & appreciate their country anymore!
Post a Comment