Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sad, but Cute

Wyatt started sounding congested and raspy so I took him to the pediatrician. We now have all three kids on the nebulizer! Fun times over here!! (I stopped at my OB's office to get a picture of her with Wyatt since we didn't get a good one of her at the hospital. Thank you Dr. Evans for all the months of care you gave me and for helping get our little man here.)

Maggie is fine with it. She doesn't complain at all. She makes sure the strap is on her head and she sits and plays her Nintendo DS.
Zoe was terrified the first time, but we had her chose a movie to watch and sat with her the whole time. Now she just keeps saying "think it's done!". She had a pretty good melt down over it the other day, but usually she just keeps telling us it's done.Wyatt doesn't seem to care much about it.Mom is going crazy. Trying to keep up with all three nebulizer schedules, Wyatt's acid reflux medicine and his antibiotics. I have had to take the nebulizer to school twice for Maggie. The second time her teacher called me back and asked me to come get her because she was coughing so much and was so uncomfortable. I didn't get that message until I was pulling in the parking lot to pick her up AFTER school. The very next day I got another call. It was Maggie telling me she couldn't stop coughing AGAIN! I had to pick her up early. It was Friday the 12th and her class was having it's Valentine's Day party. She came home with candy so I guess she didn't miss much of the party.

I think everyone is finally getting better. Glenn even got the crud for a while. Which is a very rare occurance. He just doesn't get sick. He lost his voice for almost a week, but has it back now and seems just fine. Thank heaven for Doctors and medicines that help us get well.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

When Riley was 2, he had to use a nebulizer for over a year. He hated it and it was so hard for me to remember to do it 3 times a day. I soooo feel for ya.

it's just lisa said...

Oh that is sad :) Ethan used a nebulizer, but only for a month. I can imagine that it is very difficult to keep up with everyone's schedule. We are grateful for good medicine!!!

Sarah said...

Oh dear me. How tiring. I'm so sorry!
I've been there..done that and it ain't no fun!!!

On the upside, your kids are cute even with masks on their faces!!!