Glenn and I took Wyatt to the hospital to have his nose sucked out before visiting Dad. The girls got to stay home with Grandma so they missed seeing Grandpa in the hospital.
We love you Dad and hope you heal quickly and can get back to doing all you want, and need, to do!
Here's an interesting side note: 25 years ago today I remember walking in the door after school and seeing Mom standing at the counter looking out the window with a look of despair on her face. First clue something was wrong - She was just standing. Mom doesn't just stand around. She's always busy. Second clue - she was stuck by the phone. Again she doesn't just hang around. Especially by the phone. I remember feeling so sad and scared when I walked in the house that day. Something was very wrong, but Mom didn't even have all the details yet. That's why she didn't want to walk away from the phone.
Dad had been working at Hill Air Force base and had been in an accident. When all the information came together it turned out that Dad had fallen off the roof of a building. He was sitting in the hospital waiting for someone to sign forms so he could be treated. It turned out that he had broken both legs, his right (I think) elbow and shattered his left wrist. He spent his birthday in the hospital that year too.
Dear Dad,
If you don't want to celebrate your birthday just tell us! You don't have to spend it in the hospital any more.
We love you,
Your Family
(I know I have a picture of him from that first accident, but I can not find it right now. I will post it if I ever get it located!)
No comments:
Post a Comment