Saturday, March 26, 2011

From Sassy Three to Spunky Four

The day has finally come for Zoe to turn FOUR!! She has been so excited about her birthday. She would ask every day if it was her birthday. When she woke up this morning Wyatt and I were there to sing to her and make sure she knew that her day had finally gotten here!!

She was all smiles and anticipation while waiting for her party. Dad looked a little less thrilled...Once again Grandma was a big help with the cake...

Zoe wanted a "Fashion Barbie" party so I was going to attempt a Barbie cake. I wanted to make it as authentic as possible so I hunted down the actual Fashion Fairytale Barbie to use in the cake. Turns out I shouldn't have gone to that kind of trouble. Fashion Fairytale Barbie is a little more complex than a regular Barbie. The reason I wanted to use her was because she had the top of her dress painted onto her. I wouldn't have to use icing to make the top of her dress. I could just stick her in the cake and be done. Turns out this Barbie has a huge bottom where the speaker is for her funky runway music. You can't just shove that into a cake. I had to cut her dress off of her and take apart the belt so I could wrap her in plastic wrap to protect her from the cake. It took a little more work so in hindsight I would have just used one of the ballerina Barbies that also has their tops painted on, but they don't have all the mechanics under their skirts. Zoe won't be able to dress her in any other clothes either. Isn't that the reason you have Barbies? So you can dress them up and do their hair? This is not the Barbie for that!!


Our first order of business was a fashion show. All the kids dressed up in their fancy clothes and walked the runway!! We have some major divas in this family!!
After the runway we played pass the purse. It's pretty much like hot potato, but when the music stops the person holding the purse gets to pick a prize out of it. I think it was a hit!!
Next was a game of Don't Eat Barbie! Too funny!! Mandi found a way to beat the system. Otherwise known as CHEATING!!
After everyone got a chance to be yelled at while eating M&M's we decorated picture frames. While the kids were busy with stickers, Glenn printed out pictures from the fashion show so they could put them in their frames.
Then came the real excitement...PRESENTS!!
CAKE TIME!!!
We all had such a fun day celebrating our doodlebugs birthday! We love you so much Zoe and just can't even imagine how boring our lives would be without you! I hope you enjoy every minute of being four and don't want to grow up too fast!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun party! I love the pass the purse idea...I'll have to remember that one! I can't believe she's already 4! I mean...she was just a baby like a month ago! And what the crap is up with that Barbie!?! I totally agree. That takes all the fun out of it!

Kristie said...

I just saw this post - how did I miss this??

I can't believe that she is already 4! What a great party!!!