Monday, June 6, 2011

Park Woes

I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I REALLY don't like the park. I am not a park Mom. I don't like to be outside. I don't like the dirty equipment. I don't like the noises of the equipment. I don't like chasing kids all over the equipment. I don't like the dogs that are usually at the park annoying the kids. I just don't like the park.

I cave in to the park requests in the summer because it seems to be the only time I get to visit with my friends. Yesterday was the first time this season that we got to go play. It was Wyatt's first time to ever get to play on the playground. Maggie was excited to take him and play with him. They went down the slide first. Wyatt was crying. He cried most of the time we were there. He wouldn't leave mine or Glenn's laps. He wouldn't put weight on his left leg. We didn't know what was going on. We asked Maggie what happened and all we could get out of her was that "he went down the slide wrong". We don't know if his legs were not straight as he went down or if he landed wrong at the bottom. We gave him a dose of Tylenol and decided to wait a while to see if that helped at all. It didn't. He still wouldn't put weight on his leg and he would cry and shake if we set him down.

So a trip to the ER was in order since it was late and there are no after hours clinics here. They did x-rays and didn't see anything obvious on them, but decided to put the splint on just in case there was a break in the growth plate that they weren't able to see. Wyatt was such a good boy through the whole process. He only fussed when the PA touched his leg where it hurt.

So this gives me one more reason to not like the park!

Poor little man!!


*Foot note: the ER Doctor called a few minutes ago to let us know that they looked at Wyatt's films again and they did see a hairline fracture in his shin bone. He will get a cast on Wednesday when we see the Orthopedic Doctor. A fun summer lays ahead of us!!


I DO NOT LIKE THE PARK!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww, poor little guy! :( I am a nervous WRECK at parks. It's horrible! I totally know how you feel! I hope he's back to up and running soon!

Kristie said...

I've never liked the park either, but always feel like a bad mom for not liking the park, so I cave as well. Glad nothing like this has ever happened to us - oh, I take that back - When Riley was about 2, he broke his face at the park - hence - why he now has a dimple!!