Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Been a Fun Week

Well Iguess I'm subsituting FUN for what something else, but I like to keep it clean here!

We spent the weekend at my parents house and had such a great time. We went to Ikea where we finally got to try their cafe. Yummy!! Then we got to spend the afternoon in the back yard playing in the kiddie pool and going down the slippin' slide. My camera decided it would be more comfortable in my purse inside the house so of course I have no pictures of our fun. I am hoping that my super fantastic sister, Mandi, will be willing to share the pictures she took! :)Please!!!

Sunday morning started off with a bang! Zoe decided to wake the house by throwing up in Grandma's room. That put a wrench in our plans for sure. We packed up and headed home before dinner since lots of people were coming over and we didn't want to get anyone else sick. We stopped a few times for Zoe, but we did eventually make it home.

She was still throwing up and had the runs all day Monday. She was a tired weepy ball on the couch all day. I was able to call a neighbor to take us to see the Doctor. She said it was most likely just a bug, but we need to keep an eye on her to look for signs of urinary tract infection. Poor kid!

Tuesday started out better, but soon went down hill. She ate some yogurt for breakfast which came back up soon after and then she broke out in a rash from head to toe. She was miserable. I didn't have the car this week so I wasn't able to get her back to the Dr. today. It did eventually clear up and she started feeling better. About 20 minutes before Glenn got home the rash broke out again...with a vengance! It was worse than before and she felt like she was on fire. Glenn took her to the ER to see what they would say. They thought she may have had strep in her kidneys. I had no idea that was even possible, but apparently it happens.

It was difficult to get a good shot of the rash, but you can see how red she is and her hands were actually purple. She was feeling much better today and it has been a vomit and diarrhea free day. Yippee!!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

So glad to see your blog updated! I hope Zoe is getting all better. Give her a hug from Hannah!