This photo was taken by a neighbor that lives behind our complex. That's our apartment with all the flames going up through the roof.
The next day...
This is our living room with newly added sky lights everywhere...
What's left of our couch and rocking chair. It's too depressing to explain what those pictures were...

Our two laptops are a melted mess on our burned out desk. Somehow Glenn was able to pry them apart and actually rescue the hard drive from mine that had pictures on it. His didn't fair as well since it was on top...
Sad TV surrounded by insulation that came down with the ceiling...
ALL of Maggie's brand new school clothes were on the couch waiting to be put away. They were melted and shredded to pieces...
Would anyone like to come over for dinner?...
Drippy melty microwave...
The picture on the right was our wedding photo taken at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. The picture on the right was a sketch of Christ with the thorns on his head...
We were finally getting some good food storage set up. It was very funny to us that the plastic was melting around all the napkins and toilet paper, but the contents were not burned. This room just got REALLY hot and smokey...
This is the kids playroom. The window was knocked out and the ceiling collapsed in here too. Everything was such a soggy mess...
All the kids have really loved this kitchen. We have heard from a few different sources that anything plastic that has been through a fire has to been gotten rid of. It changes the chemicals in the plastic and makes it toxic. All the kids toys had to be left behind...
We were able to save this picture of Maggie...
But not this one of Zoe...
We aren't exactly sure what happened in this bathroom. It was the master bath at the back of the apartment, but it has lots more smoke damage and the ceiling caved in as well. The rest of our room doesn't look that bad...

I was very worried about all of my pictures, but they seem to be alright. I still haven't had time to look at them closely or transfer them to new boxes. I'm sure they smell lovely...
My cedar chest was in the girls room which was the least damaged of all the rooms. Just a little smoke damage, but overall okay. The fabric on top of the chest smells a little bit, but the contents smell like cedar. I'm very excited since all the quilts my Grandmother's have made me are in there...
This picture makes me laugh. Not sure why, but it's just funny...
Just before the fire started Glenn had told Maggie that she needed to go read for awhile. She picked a book and climbed up on our bed. When we came back the next day her book was right where she left it and wasn't damaged except for smelling like smoke...
The kids bikes were out on the balcony. This is what's left of them and Glenn's as well. One of Glenn's bikes just totally melted...
This is what the Wii looks like inside...
The firefighters told us that the flames had actually come up the vents into our dryer so it's most likely a total loss. Ya think?...
These were the only toys that we were able to salvage. We washed them up and they got pretty clean. I will save them as keepsakes for the kids...
Overall a very scary and sad experience, but we are all handling it very well. It will be nice to get into our new place with new furniture and get back into a routine. Hopefully our stomachs can get back to normal as well. The stress had definitely taken it's toll!!
And, yes Russell, I'm still smiling!!
The next day...I was very worried about all of my pictures, but they seem to be alright. I still haven't had time to look at them closely or transfer them to new boxes. I'm sure they smell lovely...
And, yes Russell, I'm still smiling!!
3 comments:
WOW - that was incredible to actually see. I am so glad your pictures and stuff in your hope chest made it through. Most of the other stuff can be replaced. I hope that you guy's lives get back to normal soon. When does Maggie start school?
HOLY COW. Those pictures are amazing! I'm so glad your pictures and grandma's quilts were spared. What a tender mercy! Just...WOW. I am SO glad you guys all made it out okay!
These pictures are insane! I can't believe what can happen to a home in such a short a time. So glad that everyone is okay!
Post a Comment