Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dentist

 I should have known better, but I scheduled dentist appointments for me and ALL the kids on the same day.  It was Wyatt's first visit and he was so excited.  All the nurses were so nice and helpful.  They made his first time in the dentist chair fun for him.

After Wyatt was done getting his cleaning the Dentist came in to look at his teeth and to chat with me.  Bad news!  He has four cavities in his front four teeth. sigh.  It will cost a fortune to do all they are recommending for him.  So for now we will get flouride treatments every 3-4 months and see if we can keep them from getting worse.  Then if we can keep them under control until he's a bit bigger he can just get fillings instead of doing root canals and caps.  Fingers crossed!! 


Of course when the dentist came in to check Wyatt, Zoe started talking to him and he kind of peeked in her mouth.  He asked her if she was a shark which got a squeel and a "no!".  I wasn't sure why he would ask her that, but then he pointed out that her new teeth were coming in behind her baby teeth.  I had not even noticed! I could tell she was talking a little bit different and she chewed differently too, but it never occured to me to look at her teeth.  I'm just such a good Mother!!  Her baby teeth are loose, but if they don't come out on their own soon we may have to get them pulled so her new ones can have room to straighten out.  Why didn't anyone tell me that kids would be so expensive?

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Wiggle wiggle wiggle - those will come out!! All my kids teeth have come in before their teeth fell out including Hannah's just this summer :)