Here is a quick re-cap of our vacation so far:
Monday, July 21
I realize this is a milestone that we should have reached a very long time ago, but Zoe finally slept through the night! Since we were in the same bed I, however, did not sleep all night. She was very squirmy and, as my mother would say, she likes to "waller". I was hoping that once she slept through the night I would actually feel refreshed and renewed. I won't make that mistake again. I am just going to accept the fact that I will not be getting any decent sleep for next 20 years. According to my Mom the first 20 years are the worst!
Tuesday, July 22
I took Mom to work and then tried to get Mandi and Lindy together to go with me to pick her up so all of the ladies she works with could see all the grand kids. We didn't quite make it. They finished earlier than we were anticipating so we just picked Mom up and decided to go to lunch. Lindy suggested going to Taco time which I was just fine with, but Mom said she was going to call Dad and see where he was so he could join us. When she heard we were thinking Taco Time she said that she and Dad would probably go to Olive Garden. We all decided that sounded much better so that's where we ended up.
Monday, July 21
I realize this is a milestone that we should have reached a very long time ago, but Zoe finally slept through the night! Since we were in the same bed I, however, did not sleep all night. She was very squirmy and, as my mother would say, she likes to "waller". I was hoping that once she slept through the night I would actually feel refreshed and renewed. I won't make that mistake again. I am just going to accept the fact that I will not be getting any decent sleep for next 20 years. According to my Mom the first 20 years are the worst!
Tuesday, July 22
I took Mom to work and then tried to get Mandi and Lindy together to go with me to pick her up so all of the ladies she works with could see all the grand kids. We didn't quite make it. They finished earlier than we were anticipating so we just picked Mom up and decided to go to lunch. Lindy suggested going to Taco time which I was just fine with, but Mom said she was going to call Dad and see where he was so he could join us. When she heard we were thinking Taco Time she said that she and Dad would probably go to Olive Garden. We all decided that sounded much better so that's where we ended up.
Wednesday, July 23
Maggie, Zoe and I were out with Mom running errands and on our way home their was a fly in the car. Maggie started panicking and throwing her hands around shooing the fly away, bawling and basically having a full on melt down. After several minutes she calmed down and Mom was asking her why she was having such a problem with the fly and Maggie's response was..."I was just raised that way!"
Shelly's neighborhood was having a pioneer day parade and she thought Maggie would enjoy being a part of it. Starr let her borrow a pioneer dress and bonnet that Camille had worn for something and she let Zoe borrow a sheriff's vest with a badge and a cowboy hat. They both looked too cute. Maggie had so much fun! She rode Camille's scooter in the beginning but had to walk later because she had hurt her ankle earlier in the day and it was hard for her to keep pushing the scooter. Shelly was walking with Zoe and she said that she did not want to hold her hand or have her pick her up the whole time. She waved at the people on the side watching the parade and thought she was such a big girl. After the parade we got the chance to see Shelly's "department". Maggie had wanted to see where Shelly was living so she gave us the grand tour of her apartment. She is living in the basement apartment of a woman's house and to get to her place we had to go down a set of stairs on the side of the house. When we got to the bottom there was a huge Texas sized beetle in the door way. We all gathered up our courage and ran through the door. Them Mom noticed that there was a grasshopper above the door. YUCK!! When the tour was over we ducked under the grasshopper and jumped over the beetle to safety and made our way home. I didn't get any pictures in Shelly's "department" because we were just too freaked out by the bugs!

Thursday, July 24
PIONEER DAY! Mom, Dad, Starr and Maggie met Mandi, Justin and Sadie at the Utah County Courthouse for the "Taste of the Valley". Several restaurants from the area get together and you can sample some of their dishes. I stayed home with Zoe while she napped. They came home with tattoo's from one of the restaurants and we put them on the girl's. Zoe thought she was sooooo cool and she kept showing it off to everyone.
Sunday, July 27
Just a regular Sunday. Not much of interest until about 10:00 pm. Landon and Camille came home from Texas. Starr had set up a cute beach themed party for Camille's birthday she had while in Texas. We celebrated with a very rich very chocolaty chocolate cake and ice cream. That was a pretty good midnight snack.

No comments:
Post a Comment