Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another arrival

Kinley's arrival definetly trumps this news, but the check for our moving expenses to Wyoming was just delivered and signed for! Thank heaven. We can now finalize everything and get the heck out of Dodge!! There are just not enough words, or at least I don't know the right ones, to express how happy we are to have this opportunity to move onward, upward, and forward with our lives.

I haven't said much about the move because things just kept getting pushed back and rearranged. I didn't want to get too excited and then have it taken away. That seems to be our luck, but that has changed now. Things are actually coming together and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a very long, and at times extremely dark tunnel, but it is coming to an end. A new beginning lays before us and we can see great possibilities in our future!

Maggie has been a little distraught because she just doesn't have a great concept of time. She keeps asking us if we are moving today...tomorrow...the next day? I finally told her last night that she would know when it was time for us to move when she saw a great big yellow moving van in our driveway. This morning she and Zoe were outside playing with the sidewalk chalk and I had locked the gate so Zoe couldn't escape. Maggie had finished her drawing and then decided that she was going to check and see if the "big orange truck" was here. She got a little upset with me for locking the gate since she can't get out of it either. I almost had a riot on my hands but she didn't fight me when I told her it wasn't here. I was expecting a huge throw yourself on the floor fit. Maybe my little demon is growing up after all!

Our "big orange truck" will be here on Thursday. We will get it all packed that day and then Bob and Sharon will leave in it Friday morning. We will leave Saturday morning in our soccer mom mobile (Glenn is so happy with that purchase). We are hoping that the weather is good enough that we can get to Evanston by Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Exactly one week from today we will be saying goodbye to Texas...hopefully forever!

No comments: