I made both of these quilts while I was in High School. They have both served their purpose and we had lots of good times together. The large peach and green blanket kept me warm for lots of years. I used it on my bed and to wrap up in the winter. It was tied with embroidery floss which came untied and after this last washing it was just a blob of batting crumpled up in a sack of fabric. The downfall of the blue blanket was that I had made it a quillow where my feet would inevitably end up. It started to rip at the corners of the pocket which I repaired a few times, but when the side started to come apart and the fabric was so thin the ties started to rip out I decided that it was time to say goodbye. I told Glenn to take them to the trash and then Mom suggested taking them to the fire barrel. Glenn and Landon were all over that suggestion and soon...
(Thanks for the great pictures Landon!)
2 comments:
It's funny you have a "fire barrel" LOL! When I first looked at this, I thought maybe your quilts had a disease (like in that Velvetine Rabbit story) and that's why you burned them! But, I guess it was out of respect for your wonderfully used quilts :)
How sad!!! I remember those blankets from forever ago!!! Oh the memories :)
Post a Comment