Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stories

This is a little conversation Zoe and I had the other day...

Zoe - Weh ishee
Me - Where's Maggie?
Zoe - I oh shee er! (I don't see her)

Before Thanksgiving we went to check out the park by our apartment. It was a pretty cold day so I stayed in the truck while Glenn played with the girls. Maggie went across the monkey bars (with a little help) and was so excited to have accomplished such a big trick. Zoe would go down the slide, run over to the truck saying "Mom, mom, mom. I did it!" She was so proud of her self she just couldn't help but tell me about her newly acquired skill.

On November 22 we all piled into the van and took a ride to Salt Lake to meet Glenn's Dad. He was on his way from Las Vegas to Burley so we arranged to meet in Salt Lake and give him some items they had put on our moving truck, but were unable to get to before they had to leave.

There are railroad tracks close to the freeway for most of our drive and we saw a couple of trains that day. One in particular caught our attention. I first noticed that it was very long. Lots and lots of the same cars. Red cars. So I point it out to the girl's. Zoe was fascinated because she loves trains and she just kept saying "choo choo, choo choo". I commented on the red cars, "Maybe it's a Christmas train on its way to Santa!" Maggie replies, "Oh, maybe he has to go a little farther to get to Santa". Then Glenn said, "It's the 'K'-line train. You know because Kris Kringle starts with a K". Maggie didn't hear Glenn's comment and she asked, "Was that really the Christmas train?". I replied, "It was the 'K'-line train. Do you know what Santa's real name is?" "No", Maggie said. Then I tell her, "It's Kris Kringle. With a K". With total awe Maggie says, "Ah, It really was the Christmas train!"
Too cute! How did I get blessed with such cute girls?

No comments: