I know this is not the kind of thing people like reading about, BUT I can't not write about it.
We got home yesterday afternoon from our fun weekend in Provo (pictures to come later) and after we got everything unpacked and put away we were a little bored and needed something to do. Usually we would just turn on the TV and that would be our evening, however, we still have not gotten cable set up so we are without regular TV and we have pretty much watched every DVD we have at least 10 times since being here. So I suggested that we go for a little drive. During the last couple of weeks after dropping Maggie off at school, Zoe and I have driven around town to see if we could find anything interesting or new. One day last week, while Glenn was out of town, we found a park where they have a herd of Bison and in the next field there is an Elk. There are walking/biking trails along the Bear River and a playground also. So we drove to the park and Glenn and the girls got out of the car to see the Bison and the Elk and we drove around the park for a few minutes. When we were getting ready to leave, Zoe started making an odd noise. We turned around and she was covered in vomit. Lovely! It kept coming for a few minutes and of course it was all over her, her car seat and clothes. It was freezing outside so we took off her coat, cleaned her up the best we could and put Glenn's sweater on her for the ride home. Maggie was totally disgusted and did not want her sitting next to her or to use her blanket. What a nice big sister!
When we got home she seemed fine. We got her bathed and jammied, she ate pizza and went to bed. No more issues...until this morning. I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher and getting breakfast put away and she came in gagging and threw up again. YUCK! At least it was on the kitchen floor and not on the carpet. Now the reason I had to write this is because it's the first time that Zoe has really been sick. She's almost two and this is her first vomit session. I thought that was pretty good. We had lots of yucky messes with Maggie in her first two years. Maybe Zoe is taking after Glenn who very rarely gets sick. That would be fantastic!
I really don't like having sick kids, but at the same time I really do like how they are all cuddly and calm. I love to hold and rock my kids. Especially when they are sick and need the extra attention.
I hope that no one else gets sick. I sincerely apologize to everyone we were around on Saturday. We had no idea what was coming!
1 comment:
I'm sorry. I have vomit nightmares!!! Hope she's feeling better soon.
Post a Comment