Monday, February 2, 2009

A Re-cap of Our Evening

We had a great time at the Super Bowl party. Maggie was incredibly antsy to get to Wade's house. It was too funny. Every couple of minutes she would ask if we were going to Wade's. Once we got there she pretty much disappeared. Here's just a little background on our host couple. Lane and Lindsey have 3 of the cutest little boys and she is pregnant with their fourth...boy. Wade is the oldest. He is 10 months younger than Maggie and probably at least an inch taller than her. They get a long so well. They are in the same Sunday School class, but Wade is in kindergarten at school. Their youngest, Steven, is about three. He really didn't care too much for Zoe. At one point I had convinced Zoe to go to the room to play with Maggie and the kids. When we got to the door Steven started fussing at her and telling her to leave. He started shutting the door and Zoe hauled off and him. I picked her up and she was totally heartbroken and started to cry. I don't see any love affairs in their immediate future.

Glenn parked on the couch with an occasional break to check out the food table while Zoe and I spent our evening talking with, or rather listening to, the ladies. Since our meetings start at 11:00 now Zoe usually misses out on her afternoon nap. She ended up falling asleep a little while after we got there and took a pretty nice nap. It was actually a very nice evening considering how much I dread meeting and talking to new people. Luckily all the other women new each other very well so they talked a lot and didn't put too much focus on me. I was really expecting there to be a barrage of questions with them trying to get to know me, but there were only a few. Big sigh of relief! However, there is now a plan for the girls to go out to a movie on Wednesday and Lindsey and I will be driving together. Alone with a stranger in their car. Panic! Glenn and the guys will be getting together that night as well to help entertain each other and all the kids. I'm sure Maggie will be over the moon excited.

So I didn't actually see any of the game. I didn't even know who was playing and what's more I really didn't care. I guess it was a good game and the right team won for the sports nuts at our party.

When we got home it was time to get to bed. Our recent routine with Maggie is Glenn lays on the floor in her room until she goes to sleep and then he leaves. I rock Zoe to sleep in the living room and then take her to bed. When I got into bed Glenn told me that Maggie was telling him how much she likes Wade. "Wade is cute", "He dances with me", "I like his short hair". I really didn't think we would be hearing this kind of thing out of her until she was at least ten. I'm not ready to be hearing about boys! Can we just stop time for a while? I'm not ready!!

No comments: