This last week has been less than fun. It started last Saturday with the mess at Mom and Dad's and just didn't improve. Sometime during the night on Monday Glenn got sick. I first thought we may be taking a trip to the ER with another Pancreatitis attack and then wondered if it was hives. There's not much that can be done for either except an ER visit or a dose of Benadryl. When the Benadryl didn't work he started taking Pepto and after a few doses was feeling a bit better. He was well enough in the morning to go into work. He was a little late, but still decided to go. He had an appointment with the bishop that evening where he was asked to be the Blazer leader. He's not sure yet how to feel about it, but I'm sure he'll enjoy it once he gets into it and gets to know the boys.
Tuesday was actually pretty uneventful, but Wednesday was BAD! I got up not feeling so well. I just thought it was my typical stomach yuck that I have been dealing with for several months, but as the day went on it became apparent there was more going on. Maggie had a half day of school so Glenn was able to pick her up on his way home to have lunch. By the time he left to go back to work my pain was worse but I was still just thinking it was going to pass soon. By 3:30 I was curled up in a ball on the couch in tears unable to move. Maggie called Glenn and told him he needed to come home. He got here as quickly as he could and started pouring Pepto down me and then gave me a blessing. Glenn took the girls to McDonald's to play and eat dinner while I stayed home still unable to move. After several doses of Pepto and too many trips to the bathroom I was finally feeling a bit better by bedtime.
I was feeling much better Thursday morning, but Glenn stayed home long enough to take Maggie to school. I never got back to feeling totally normal and then late in the evening I started feeling crampy again. I was just praying that the girls wouldn't get this nasty stuff. I hate having sick kids and not being able to make the yuck go away. Friday morning revealed the cause of my second round of cramping. A totally unrelated yuck that the female readers will relate to. Blech!
Saturday morning, in the wee hours before the sun had a chance to make its appearance, we were woken up by Zoe throwing up. FANTASTIC! She threw up three times within three short hours and then seemed completely fine the rest of the day. We also had to do laundry today which meant hauling heavy baskets down 3 flights of stairs to the van and spending far too much time in a laundromat with two energetic girls without any entertainment. Really fun times. When we got done with laundry we hauled up 3 flights of stairs and were home long enough to change and then headed to Salt Lake to meet Bob, Lisha and Shalis. Bob was on his way back to Idaho from being in Houston and Lisha and Shalis were picking him up at the airport. We had dinner with them at Olive Garden and then packed ourselves back into the truck and made the trip back home.
For the first time all week we actually got a decent nights sleep. No one threw up and Maggie & Zoe actually slept all night long. Totally amazing. We have gotten Maggie not only sleeping in her own bed, but in her own bedroom as well. She is doing really well and has almost earned a sleepover with Camille. We still have to see if that is OK with Starr, but hopefully at some point we will be able to have both Landon and Camille some stay with us for a weekend.
We have been invited to a Super Bowl party this evening and are looking forward to getting to know some of the couples in our ward. The host family has a little boy that is in Maggie's Sunday School class. Glenn took Maggie to basketball with him at the church one night and Wade was there also. They must have had a great time together. Maggie has talked about him almost everyday since. She was really looking forward to going with Glenn this week to basketball, but he decided not to go. She was pretty crushed, but I think a visit to his house will cure her pretty quickly. During sacrament meeting I gave Maggie her note book to entertain her for a few minutes and she drew this...

Notice the cute little heart over the i in her name. Should I be concerned? I haven't had the chance to really ask her about it yet. We are about to leave for our party so I will have to get all the details later. Too funny! Oh, and when we got home from church Maggie handed me a little piece of paper and said "this is Wade's phone number. Well it's his Dad's number". Oh my!
2 comments:
Awww!
Ha! Keep laughing about Sadie, but at least she's not bringing home boyfriends yet! Yikes!
Post a Comment