Thursday, June 18, 2009

Question...

WHEN WILL THE RAIN STOP?

I usually enjoy a good rain storm. I like how it smells just before or right as the first few drops fall. I like the sound of the rain as it hits things in it's path. I like playing in the rain with my kids. I like it when the thunder crashes so loudly it makes me jump and scares my girls into my lap. The flashes of lighting that not only light up the sky, but also our apartment are always exciting.

The last couple of weeks have been full of rain. Almost every day. The girls want to play at the park, but we can't because it's all wet and muddy. They want to play on the patio, but can't because of the lightning. And Wyoming rain isn't quite the same as Houston rain. It's cold. We can't go play in it because we would be frozen. The roof of our covered parking area is metal so when it rains it sounds more like a running river than a gentle rain fall. It's loud.

Glenn has been going to the different plants and off site locations lately and his truck is completely covered in mud. I'm just waiting to get the call from him saying he's stuck in the mud somewhere. Hopefully that day won't come. Maggie is still a little freaked out about our last adventure. We talk about going four wheeling up some trails and she very strongly protests. I think we ruined her adventurous spirit and desire to explore & discover. Sorry Maggie! Sometimes our best plans just go horribly wrong!!

So along with all the rain and not being able to play outside comes the delimma of what to do. How do I entertain two little monkeys all day in a small apartment? My solution for the last few days has been McDonald's. The girls get to play in an enclosed (somewhat) area where I can keep track of them and I get to be inside sort of by myself. It's worked out pretty well. I just wonder how many days it will take before the employee's know my name and have my order waiting for us when we get there. I guess we are going to give it another try today. The rain has stopped at the moment, but we still have no sun to dry things up.

Can we please have a little break in the gloomy weather for a day or two of sunshine?

3 comments:

Kristie said...

And here we are wishing it would rain. My lawn could really use a little moister and not so much heat. We have had a full week of heat indexes way over 100, ugh....

Kristie said...

I think I meant moisture - ugh!!

Necia said...

I love comment typos! Thay crack me up.