Last night was one of the worst nights ever! We all went grocery shopping and before we got home I started having some stomach pain. After all the groceries were put away Glenn decided to take the girls to the park for a while. I got to stay home and lay on the couch. The pain was increasing in intensity and I decided to try taking something. What could I take? I called Kristie to ask her if it was alright to take Pepto. She had no idea. I called Mom. By this time the pain was unbearable and I was a total mess. I'm surprised Mom could understand what I was calling for. I asked her if she would call a nurse hotline for me to see if Maalox was acceptable to take while pregnant. That was all I could find in the house. She called me back and said they don't recommend it and to call the doctor. I could barely speak through my sobs and tears so I knew that wasn't going to be possible. During the time it took Mom to call the nurse and return my call I was hanging over a bucket and crying with each disgusting hurl of my body. I was finally able to get myself off the couch and into the bathroom to try and clean up a bit and then Glenn and the girls came in during my second round while hanging over the tub. Unfortunately I was not able to get to the door quick enough and both girls came into the bathroom. Zoe was so sweet and concerned. She said "fo up Mom?" I answered yes and told her my tummy really hurt. She then asked me if I needed a "ban aid". It was the cutest thing ever, but I just couldn't do anything but cry.
Glenn called the doctor's office and they told him that Pepto was the only thing they recommend so he packed Zoe up and took her to get some. He got home and got the girls to bed and dosed me up with Pepto. After a few shots of the pink filth I decided I had better just go to bed and see if I could sleep. Again, I almost had him take me to the ER, but decided not to. I don't know anyone here well enough that I would feel comfortable calling at 11:00pm to come sit our girls. Even if I did find someone that would be willing Zoe would blow a gasket if she woke up to someone strange in the house. So once again I pushed through a horrible night of intense pain and nastiness. I plan on calling my OB on Monday to see if she will talk with me about it and see what she thinks I should do. Of course these two times this has happened it has been a weekend and the only option for help is the ER. I hate hospitals and I have no idea what this hospital and staff are like. I've only visited one person there and that was after she had her baby. Not an emergency situation.
Needless to say I'm terrified! I don't know what this is and I don't know if it could be affecting the baby. So if anyone out there knows of an insurance company that will accept pregnant women OR if you know someone that has loads of cash they would like to share let me know!
2 comments:
I am so so so sorry that you are so sick. Would Pepcid Complete calm your tummy? My OB's all recommended that the last time I was pregnant for heartburn, but I don't know if it would work for an upset tummy.
I wish that I did have piles of money for you. Wouldnt that be fun? I would fly up and have a maid deep clean your house, a cooking service fill your fridge/freezer with food, and a nanny come to do fun and educational activities with the girls for a few hours each day so that you could rest. It would be so lovely!
Really though, I hope that your OB gives you some anti-nausea drugs. I had to use them last time and it was a miracle. The first one didnt work well, but the second type was like heaven. I felt better in about 5 minutes. They really helped my mom after her chemo, too.
I'll be praying for you and thinking of you. (and still jealous 'cause I really DO love babies!!)
Congrats on the baby. I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I hope that the doctors can diagnose you quickly and correctly. If you tell them that you are paying out of pocket they will sometimes offer a discount on services.
Post a Comment