Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Story...

Mother's Day pretty much stunk. For me anyway. I've already posted what happened then so here is the rest of the story.

I have been dealing with some kind of stomach yuck for almost a year. During Glenn's first business trip, while we were still in Houston, I got pretty sick and every few days my stomach hurts terribly and I can barely function. Not cool with two kids to take care of. So I figured Mother's Day was one of those days. It was worse than normal and I was very close to having Glenn take me to the ER. However, with no money in our bank account and no insurance to cover costs I decided to suffer through one more day. I had Glenn and my Dad give me a blessing and then we headed for home.

Monday was not quite as bad but still very nauseous and just too tired to do much. Glenn had to go to one of the plants that day and since he was going to be driving past the house he picked Maggie up and took her to school. YEAH! I didn't have to get dressed and leave the house. Tuesday morning I was almost normal and decided I was well enough to make a run to Park City to take care of some banking and pay a few bills. My last stop was the Home Depot and before I left the parking lot the vomit monster was back with a vengeance. I got Zoe and I some lunch in hopes that would help. Not so much. I made it home without leaving any trails along the way and spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on the couch.

I still felt very nauseous Wednesday morning, but tried to do things anyway. That just made it worse. Maggie had a half day so I picked her up and we went to lunch with Glenn. I had decided by this point that I had to buck up and face the fact that I needed help. I was going to find a doctor and deal with the bills as they came. Very scary, but I was done. On our way home from lunch I stopped at Wal Mart to get a pregnancy test. I wanted to be able to tell the doctor without question or hesitation that no, I was not pregnant. Just imagine my surprise when I saw this...


I quickly packed the girls back up in the car and we took a drive to visit Glenn at work. I called him when we got there and asked if he could come down to the car. He came right down and I told him that I had made a discovery that he just had to see for himself. I showed him the test and with total shock and disbelief in his eyes he said "seriously?". Well I'm not sure how I could have faked it so yeah, seriously!

Now I know there are plenty of people out there that would ask how we could be surprised by this. If you know how it happens how could it be surprise? Well, considering everything we had to go through to get both Maggie and Zoe neither one of us thought we could accomplish this simple task without the help of a team of highly trained professionals.

So I am still in the first trimester and pretty much hating life. This has been the worst so far. I was pretty bad with Zoe, but this one for sure takes the cake. Today was my second ultrasound and it confirmed that the due date is January 5th and there is only one baby. Although I do look like I could be carrying a litter there is only one!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats. Hope the sickness passes soon. That's no fun.

tim and andrea said...

EXCITING!! Are you still feeling sick? If you are still feeling sick-- ask your Doctor if you can take a half a unisom at night-- I heard that helps. Also-- when are you coming down to your mom and dads next? LET'S do LUNCH!! I want to see you and Mandi.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry that you're sick. It gets worse and worse for me each time. It's no fun being sick when you're a mom. You're too busy to be sick!

Anjie said...

I am so excited to hear you are expecting but sorry to hear you are so sick. I hope you will start feeling better soon. It is so hard to care for other kids when you feel like crap. Hang in there, hopefully you are almost through the worst of it!!