Today has been a day of decisions and emotions.
I met with a surgeon this morning to see what my options are for my gall stones. There are many risks involved in doing it now and even waiting until later. If I do it now the anesthesia could cause me to go into labor. If that happens they would have to stop the surgery and start giving me medication to stop the labor. If that didn't work and I actually ended up having the baby there isn't much hope of it surviving. It's just too early.
If I wait until later I run the risk of my gall bladder become toxic and leading to pancreatitis which would cause my whole abdominal area to become swollen put me into early labor. Of course the longer I go the larger my uterus gets and the more cramped things get. That would obviously put more pressure on my gall bladder causing more pain.
Now is the best time, in my situation, to have the surgery. My uterus is just barely above my belly button so if we wait any longer it would get more complicated. They do the surgery laporoscopically through the belly button. Unless they end up damaging a vital duct in the process then it becomes major surgery where they have to cut me open just below the rib cage.
I am scheduled to have the surgery next Tuesday. I am of course nervous and afraid that I'm putting the baby in danger. This decision has been a very difficult one and the tears have not stopped since this morning. I have much confidence in the Doctor and feel good about being in his care. He spent about thirty minutes talking with us and letting us know all of our options. He will be joined in the surgery by my OB that will be monitoring the baby. Instead of an outpatient surgery I will be admitted so they can monitor me and the baby.
The Doctor is LDS and told us to pray about this decision and involve our families in the process. It would mean so much to us if you could send up a few prayers on our behalf and for our sweet little angel baby we can't wait to meet.
8 comments:
Oh, Necia, we will definitely being praying for you!! We love you and we can't wait to meet your little one either, but we would rather meet him or her at the first of the year as scheduled! I'm sure you've already done this, but make sure Glenn gives you a blessing. Wish we were closer to help you through this!
I think you made the best decision. I will be praying for you and checking your blog for an update.
I'm sorry Necia. I can see how the situation would bring up so many emotions. I will definitely be praying for you guys.
I'm sorry that you have to be sick and making this decision and that you have to be tired and pregnant and making this decision. It's a lot. I'll be praying for you!
I'll be sure to remember you in my prayers!
I'll be praying for you!!!
Thank you so much for all of your love and support and well wishes. We feel good about the decision we have made to go ahead with the surgery, but still feel the need for lots of love, faith and prayers. We know that with God all things are possible and miracles happen all the time. We feel blessed and loved.
Our prayers are definetly with you. We'll be thinking about you and the family.
Post a Comment