Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ooops!

I thought the incision in my belly button had gotten infected so I went to the Dr. yesterday. He said it looked fine. The glue he put over it had just trapped some moisture in there so he pulled it off and cleaned it a bit. OUCH!! I liked him until he did that. Anyway, he told me everything looks good, but to watch it because it did look pretty irritated. Go figure! He also gave me the go ahead to drive again. Excellent! I don't have to bug neighbors or Glenn to get Maggie to school and back. I apparently did too much driving and such yesterday. I got so worn out and started hurting. I had to take a pain pill before bed. I was pretty bummed. I hadn't taken any since Thursday night and was feeling so good. I guess I need someone here to babysit me instead of Zoe. Today I have been doing laundry. Usually not a big deal, but I'm already tired and ready for bed. It's only 1:00. Someone stop me!

It's been one week today since my surgery and really things are going very well. I am truly amazed at the lack of pain I have had. My belly button has been super sore and the worst pain of all. The surgeon said the reason for that is that my uterus was higher than he anticipated so he had to kind of torque his tools around in order to not touch it. I hurt just thinking about it. It has surprised me that I feel absolutely no pain at all in the area of the actual organ removal. Very strange! Thank heaven for modern medicine that has improved this surgery so much.

I am 24 weeks along today. I hate pregnant belly picture of myself, but I do want to document this pregnancy since it's going to be my last and considering all that we have been through during it. Feel free to just ignore the picture!


4 comments:

JACK!E said...

I'm glad you are doing so well. You look cute. :D Take more pictures

April said...

I haven't read your blog in awhile, and I've missed alot! I'm so glad the surgery went well, and that everything worked out for you. Hopefully you'll continue to heal and recover quickly and easily!

Justin and Lindy said...

Cute pic auntie! What about this being the last? We're supposed to have more kids just months apart you know. Glad you're feeling better and the game went great. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you're doing well. Will you email me your address? I have something to send you. =)
You might not like that photo, but I'm so jealous when I see you! Love, love, love pregnant moms!