Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today's the Day

Surgery day has finally arrived. My Dr. called Monday to let me know that he had been working all day Friday and Saturday with the hospital and insurance company. He wanted to let us know that our insurance wasn't going to cover any of the hospital expenses so he talked with the hospital's financial department and is setting up a meeting for this morning before the surgery to work things out. I am amazed at what he has done for us concerning the insurance stuff. He has spent many hours of his own personal time trying to to help us out and get things in order. I know we are blessed to have him as my Doctor. Most would have just shrugged their shoulders and said you deal with it! I'm nervous about what the hospital will have to say, but our hope is that they will be able to write-off a chunk of our bill and then let us make payments on the rest. I'm hoping the person we talk to has as much compassion as the Doctor and can see the necessity of this surgery and our inability to pay a huge amount for it. So once again we hit the floor with our knees and as our Heavenly Father to step in on our behalf and help us out. We sure have been needy lately, but are feeling and seeing the blessings of our faith and the faith of so many that we know are also praying for us.

Thank you all for your love and concern and I will be updating the blog and facebook as soon as I can.

2 comments:

it's just lisa said...

Best of Luck. You are in my prayers.

it's just lisa said...

Necia- Please don't post this. I thought this would be quicker then looking up your email address. I just wanted to let you know that I am headed to the DC temple today and plan on putting your name in there. I'm sure you and the baby could use all the prayers you can get. I do hope your surgery and recovery go well.

Love LIsa