Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Maggie was a bit indecisive as to what she wanted to be and the continual changing of her mind was making me crazy. I finally decided that I would make her a witch costume. I bought the pattern and then waited for a time to be able to get to a fabric store. Those are pretty hard to come by in our podunk town. Then I started to feel really horrible and couldn't get around to doing anything. I never got the costume made! I felt so bad, but just knew there was no way I could get it done. She has pretty much outgrown all of the princess dress-ups we have so I had to think of something else. I didn't think she would be too impressed with what I came up with, but we really didn't have many other options. I told her that they were both going to be ballerinas since we already had everything. She didn't like the idea at first, but soon warmed up to it and we were set.

We had decided that since there are several member families in our area that we would just go to their houses and be done. After the first house we ran into three other families that were walking together and decided to just join them. They went to a few more houses than we planned to, but the girls had a great time. It was a very nice night. The weather was decent. Not freezing cold like I had imagined it was going to be. BUT I was in the truck following everyone so I wasn't actually out in the weather. I kept asking Zoe if she was cold and she said no so they continued on.

After the first street was done Maggie was walking by the truck looking a little down. I asked her what was up and she informed me that one of the other kids called her a silly ballerina and it really hurt her feelings. She got over it pretty quick and got back to the fun.

I handed Glenn the camera and asked him to get some pictures. He only got one...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, Mr. Glenn. You're fired. No more camera carrying for you.

Necia, I expect him to do MUCH better after the baby is born. Are we only going to get ONE photo from the hospital. I'm so worried.

As for the mommy costume guilt...Is the day really over if you haven't felt guilty for something? Mine isn't =)

Kristie said...

It cracks me up that Glenn only got one picture. That's exactly what happens whenever I expect pictures from Brent or else you get really stupid pictures like looking up Tyson's nose!! I can't imagine Trick or Treating in the cold weather - we were cold here last night and I think the temperature was around 60. I know we are total wimps!