Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'll Have Some Sass Please

As I have said before, I am not a morning person! It's a sad, but true fact. The last couple of days Maggie has been so poky in the mornings. I have gotten her up 15 minutes earlier than usual and I am still pushing her out the door. Well this morning hit an all time low. She had been in her room for quite some time. I decided to go check on her and see if she was dressed. She hadn't even started in that direction. I just had to leave the room. I was about to blow! She could tell I was not at all happy and she very quickly got dressed. She came out of her room wrapped in a blanket and said...

"Guess what my shirt says...without looking at it?!"

My response: "It says 'Mom is going to kick your booty if you don't do what she says'"

Maggie: "NOOOOO! It says 'Girls Rock'. Oh yeah! So don't mess with the Magster!"

Nice way to save your skin Maggie Moo! I had to laugh as she strutted off into the bathroom.

So what do you get when this innocent little face...

And this cute little shirt combine?... A highly explosive mass of sass!


On this same morning after dropping Maggie off at school Zoe and I had the following conversation in the car...

Zoe: It lunch time Mom?

Me: No, It's breakfast time.

Zoe: NO! I need lunch!

Me: It's time for cereal. We have...... which kind would you like?

Zoe: It's not cereal time! It's lunch time!

By this time we had pulled into our complex and were getting out of the car. She got up two stairs and stopped. She kind of rubbed her knee and said "Oh my knee! I need cereal."

I guess a bowl of cereal will cure all that ails you. Good to know! My other ball of sass! She's picking it up quick!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Sass is in great supply at our house, too. And sometimes you just can't help but laugh.