Monday, December 7, 2009

BRRRRR!

The temperature is -2.9 degrees at the moment with a windchill factor of -19 degrees.
Who wants to come visit?
Glenn called me shortly after 8:00 this morning to tell me I should go start the car. It was going to take a while for it to warm up. I just have to say another HUGE thank you to Glenn and Kayle for putting in the time to fix our heater. I do still dread the walk from the apartment to the car, but at least I know once we are in the car we can get somewhat comfortable.
I have been trying to decide if I should start sending Maggie to school on the bus. I don't want to be taking a newborn out in this horrible weather, but at the same time I don't want Maggie to have to stand at the bus stop in this horrible weather. When I take her to school we run to a mildly warm car and I get her there just in time to run inside. If she takes the bus she will have to be outside in the bitter cold waiting for it to arrive and then she will get to school about 20 minutes before the bell and have to be outside in the cold again. I cannot decide which is the lesser of two evils.
I remember walking to the bus stop in the winter and hating every minute of it. Being so cold that the contents of your nose freezes is not pleasant. It can be quite painful!
What to do, what to do?!

No comments: