Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little Catch Up

A very proud moment indeed! After two years of struggling with reading Maggie has finally gotten to the point where she is a pretty good independent reader! She has made amazing progress and was recognized at a school assembly for it. She received a reading award and got to stand in front of the whole school to be acknowledged for her accomplishment.

Way to go Maggie!
Principal Ingalls & Mrs. Masters presented the awards
November 13, 2009
North Evanston Elementary
Mrs. Masters 1st grade class award winners
****************************************

Maggie has asked me several times lately if she could have curly hair for school. That would be a big NO! We just don't ever have that kind of time. I decided that I should take the time to get her some curls for church. It took quite a while, but she loves it and she looks so cute. I kept asking Zoe if she wanted curls and she just kept saying "No, I fine!" However, just before time to leave she decided she really did want curls. I only had a few minutes so she only got a couple of curls. She was very proud of them and anxious to show them off to her teachers. I have tried to get pictures of Maggie with all of her primary teachers through the years and this year was the first year I got Zoe's too. I missed Maggie's first teacher of the year, but her new teacher is totally awesome and we all love her. Who wouldn't love a teacher that brings snacks?!Maggie and Sis. Lindsey Bowen
Evanston 5th ward
CTR 7

Zoe with her Nursery Leaders
Sis. Mindy Morrow, Sis. Charlotte Fry, Sis. Sheralyn Holgate, Sis. Annie Lewis

**********************************

While we were in Provo for our Thanksgiving break we had the chance to babysit Sadie and Kinley. Maggie took this opportunity to use Kinley as her personal Barbie doll. She had taken some of her dolls and clothes and thought this swim suit would fit Kinley. It was too cute! Kinley liked it too and got a little upset when we tried to get it off of her.



We also had the chance to be a part of Rachel's baby shower. She is due just a couple of weeks before me. It is kind of strange to be having a baby at the same time as my nephew and his wife! We are all anxious and excited to meet Hunter.
November 25, 2009
Mom, a.k.a Grandma, was there
Shelly was there
Mandi was there
Starr and Camille were there
Lindy and Cooper (and Ava) were there
Yummy food
Even yummier cupcakes!
I was there too, but no photographic evidence was taken. DARN!
**********************************

Four little monkeys sitting on the couch...
Kinley, Maggie, Zoe & Sadie
***********************

Zoe doesn't really care for her winter attire. She tells me every day that she doesn't need her hat and gloves. As soon as she gets in the car they come off. She was attempting to get all of it off when we got home, but the hat to her coat came unsnapped and got stuck on her head. She looked pretty goofy, but she thought it was way funny!
December 3, 2009

2 comments:

Megan said...

How do you get those darling curls? I just put Hot Sticks, I think they are called in Elle's hair yesterday and it came out pretty cute, but nothing compared to those! And, as an added bonus, J.D. stuck one of the Hot Sticks in the one of the dog kennels, as we were looking all over the house for the one missing, and I found only the wire center in there - no pink rubbery plastic stuff in sight. So now we get to check other fun places to make sure we don't have to go to the vet. :) Seriously though, the girls look WAY cute!

Necia said...

Hey Megan! I use a small curling iron, mousse and hairspray. Lots of hairspray. I haven't even considered using rollers or that kind of thing. I'm kind of dumb that way! When I have used that kind of stuff on my own hair it kind of looks poodle-ish. I don't want to do that to Maggie so we suffer through about 45 minutes of curling iron.