Saturday, December 26, 2009

Like many families we have a few Christmas traditions. On Christmas Eve we read the story of Christ's birth. Usually we read the story from Luke 2, however this year we watched the Church's production of the story. I believe it is called the Nativity. It was very well done and I think for the kids it helped them to understand it a little bit better. Of course I'm a visual learner so maybe it just helped me!

After the story we sing a few Christmas carol's and then open one gift. It's always a surprise as to what that gift contains! That's right, it's always pajamas! I love pajamas. Especially cute little kid pajamas. We made an attempt to get all the grand kids that were present in their pj's and looking at the camera. Kinley wanted nothing to do with it! She finally busted away from all the other kids trying to hold her down and she was a happy camper again.

Maggie and Camille spent some time making pictures for Santa and his reindeer as well as cookies. I love that Maggie still has her innocence and still believes in the magic of Christmas. I know we only have a short time left before she leaves that all behind. For now I will just hold onto the memories of my sweet little girls making their Christmas lists and drawing pictures for Santa. I will remember the look in their eyes as they sit on Santa's lap and express their wishes to him. I will continue to help them understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it really celebrates, so when they do out grow Santa they will know that it is about the birth of our Savior and the life he lived and the gospel he brought to the world. Gifts are nice, but love, family and service to others are what matter the most!
Christmas morning Maggie & Zoe woke up to a letter from Santa in their stocking. He told them that he got a little confused. He thought we were going to be in Wyoming so when he got to our house and couldn't find us he wasn't sure what happened. Then when he got to Grandma's house he found us there. He had left a gift under our tree in Wyoming and some treats in their stockings, but he also left some things for them at Grandma's. Santa's pretty amazing! Thanks for taking care of our girls Santa!

We had such a fun day! After opening gifts we hurried and got the house ready for our Brown family party. We had a brunch that included a lot of our traditional Christmas treats. Mom put it all together and it was so good. We had Grandma Brown's Christmas casserole, fondue, fruits, breads, cheese ball, crackers and of course frappe.

No comments: