Three months ago Maggie turned eight and as part of her gift we told her she could get her ears pierced. We figured it would be a good idea to wait until summer break to get them done. We could just see the kids in her class wanting to see them and touch them. She has that problem with her glasses and didn't thi
nk it would be a big leap for them to play with her ears.
Summer break is finally here and today was the day!! She and I headed out to the mall. I had a surprise for her to go along with her ear piercing. She has been begging for a few months now to have her hair cut short like mine. So that was our first stop.
Here she is right before we went into the mall...

This is her consultation with the stylist...

The shampoo and scalp massage (always my favorite part!)...

The cut begins...

The final style...

I can't believe that a simple haircut can make someone look so grown up!
Our next stop...Claire's Boutique! Maggie chose her birthstone earrings which are a pretty purple.
The anticipation was almost worse than the shot...

After a short minute to digest what had just happened it was time for the second ear...

Thank you Miss Lauren for being so nice and talking Maggie through the pain!

After Claire's we stopped at the food court for a little lunch and then over to Mandi's to pick up Zoe and Wyatt. Mandi took our picture to commemorate our fun day!

I love you Maggie Moo! It is fun for me to see you so excited about the simple pleasures!
1 comment:
She looks so grown up. STOP GROWING, MAGGIE!! I need everyone to just stay little. Is that too much to ask?
Post a Comment