Thursday, September 30, 2010

My New Calling

At some point during the summer the Bishop caught me and asked me to be the Activity Day leader. I was expecting something far worse so of course I jumped on it! We have only had two activities because they wanted to wait until school got started again. So far so good. The girls are so cute and eager to learn.

At this activity the girls got the opportunity to learn how to clean. Our guest "cleaning expert" was Lindsey. She did an awesome job and got the girls really hyped and excited about cleaning. One Mother informed me that her daughter was pretty disappointed that she couldn't clean the kitchen sink that night because it was late and she needed to go to bed. I hope that enthusiasm lasts a long time and the girls are helpful around their homes. I know this Mom would appreciate some help!
KM & PW - They were being Queens in the high back chairs
(I don't know the girls well enough yet to give them nicknames so for now I will just use initials)
MD & AF - So cute waiting for the activity to begin
I forgot to take pictures of Lindsey giving the demonstration, but here the girls are putting their new skills to work. We had our meeting at Sister Prete's (Primary President) house. She was glad to have the girls perfect their cleaning skills on her home.
Lindsey taught them how to clean windows & mirrors...
They learned how to dust & wipe down walls and doors...And the surprise of the day was Maggie. She just took it upon herself to vacuum...AND clean the toilet...
Sister Prete and Brandon checking on Maggie's work
Sister Prete had cookies and milk ready for us when we were all done...

1 comment:

Kristie said...

That was my favorite calling ever! The girls are so sweet at that age and grateful for anything you do for them.