Thursday, September 13, 2012

Meeting Josi

I have never been a real big reader, but I thought since I'm trying to encourage my kids that are learning to read I better start reading something myself.  On one of our weekends in Provo I went to Deseret Book to see if anything caught my eye.  I noticed a couple of books that looked interesting.  I love looking through recipes and getting new ideas for meals and these novels had food on the cover and were categorized as culinary mysteries.  Sounded interesting.  I purchased the first book in the series and decided I would see how I liked it before I bought any more.  I liked the story & thought it was an interesting concept.  I finished that book pretty quick, but it was several weeks before I could get back to a Deseret Book to get the next one.  I decided to get the rest of the series since we don't live near a Deseret Book and it never occured to me to look online.  I'm just that brilliant!

We got home Sunday afternoon and were enjoying our relaxing evening when it was so rudely interupted by the fire that broke out on the balcony below us.  I had placed the stack of newly purchased books on a cabinet next to my rocking chair that was next to our sliding door that lead to our balcony.  They did not survive the fire.  I was pretty bummed to have just spent that much money on books that I hadn't even taken out of the bag.

I just recently re-purchased all those books plus those that have come out since.  I decided to check out the author's website with all the recipes from the books.  She was having a release party for her newest book in a bookstore in Brigham City.  It just so happened that it was on a Thursday evening before one of Glenn's treatments so we were able to go down and get her to sign a book for me.  We told her a little bit about our situation and she told me that would be a good scene for a book.  I agree.  It wasn't fun to live through, but we have come out better and stronger and it would be interesting to see how she would have her characters deal with something like that.

Thank you, Miss Josi for taking the time to chat with us and to have a picture taken with us!!
Maggie, Zoe, Me, Wyatt & Josi S. Kilpack

No comments: