Thursday, September 27, 2012

Taking Care of Dad

I have been putting off posting about Glenn's cancer diagnoses because it has been such a difficult journey.  Lots of ups & even more downs.  I plan to eventually get the whole story written out, but it's still pretty hard to think about some of our experiences.

I put this collage together of the day Wyatt & I took Glenn to the E.R. a while ago, but I get so emotional when I look at it I didn't want it on here.  Glenn was in so much pain & Wyatt was being such a good boy taking care of him and making sure he was alright.
February 26, 2012

Glenn had been dealing with abdominal pain for almost a year before he finally broke down and said he was ready to see about it.  We were all ready for church when he came out of the room and told me he was done and just wanted to go to the E.R.  I was a little taken back and didn't quite know how to react.  I really didn't want to take all three kids to sit in the hospital for hours.  We decided to go ahead to church and then after the first meeting we would send the kids to their classes while we went to the hospital.  We were late getting to church so we sat on the couch in the foyer and let the kids color & eat fruit snacks while we waited for the meeting to end.  About half way through the meeting one of our friends came out to take her daughter to the restroom.  She asked how we were doing and we told her what was going on.  She insisted on taking the kids back into the meeting with her so I could take Glenn.  We knew Wyatt wouldn't have been good for her so we took him with us.

The E.R. Doctor ran some tests and did a scope, but didn't really tell us a whole lot.  She gave us the name of the General Surgeon in town and sent us home.  We were able to get in to see him the next day and that's where the fun really begins!

It just so happens that the day we went to the E.R. was also Maggie's 10th birthday.  I was glad we were able to have her birthday party the day before so she got to have some fun and be celebrated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you guys since the moment we found out and we will continue to do so as you go through this difficult journey. Thinking of you....