A few weeks ago after one of Glenn's chemo treatments, Mandi had a question for me. She asked if I would watch her kids for a few nights next spring while she & Justin take a kid free vacation. Of course I will!! However, she felt the need to sweeten the deal. She offered to get us a couple of nights in Park City as "payment" in advance. Well...if you insist!!
She arranged for us to stay in one of the cottages at Hotel Park City. It was so beautiful. It was dark and rainy the night we got there, but look what we woke up to Saturday morning...
This creek ran right past our balcony. I loved listening to it's calming sounds.
Although it was a tad chilly we still enjoyed being outside in the fresh mountain air
The mountains kept peeking out from the fluffy clouds all day
The front of our cottage looked out over the golf course. The fall colors were amazing, but difficult to capture on my little point and shoot camera. I want to go back!
The room was so beautiful. It had a small kitchen, living room, laundry closet, large bathroom & seperate bedroom. Oh and three fireplaces! It was awesome!!
I forgot the hot tub on the balcony outside the bedroom. So nice!
Our second night we ate at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse inside the hotel. OH MY! It was so good. I'm not much of a steak eater, but I'd go back anytime.
We decided to walk through the main hotel on our way to the restaurant so we could check it out. Glenn helped build this hotel, 10 years ago, and we hadn't been back since it was competed so we really wanted to see the finished product. We walked down a long hallway and Glenn said in a creepy voice behind me "redrum". I was ready to walk a little faster after that! But I did have to take a picture on the way back out. At least we didn't see the ghosts of twin girls anywhere.
We had a great time & got to relax for two days without worrying about our kids. I felt so comfortable that they were in good hands and having a good time that it was easy to just enjoy the silence & the scenery.
Thank you Mandi for such an incredible gift!!
Not only for the free time, but for also taking care of our kids!
You have been such a great support to us through this most difficult year. I'm not sure how we can ever repay you. We are so grateful for all you have done!!












No comments:
Post a Comment