Saturday, October 6, 2012

End of Chemo...Part II

Everyone we know wanted to do something fun to celebrate Glenn's final chemo treatment.  We celebrated with family in Provo the day after his last treatment and I had planned a surprise party for the following weekend in Evanston with our friends.  We were so happy that some of our family also came up for this shindig.  Mandi & her girls came up so she could be our photographer and Tanaya & Talayna came up to help us say goodbye to chemo.

My plan was to see if one of the nurses at Huntsman would be willing to help me get some I.V. bags that we could fill with water for Glenn to shoot.  That plan worked really well!  The nurse I spoke to was all over it.  She loved the idea and got me four bags already full of solution and some syringes to be able to shoot dye into them if we wanted to.  So far the plan was coming together.

The next step was to involve our friends.  We set up a "girls night out" so my friends and I could plan the event while the men had a "guys night out" to get Glenn out of the picture.  Well it turns out that we all ended up at the same restaurant.  The odds of that happening were pretty good since we only have a handful of restaurants here.  Luckily the men were seated upstairs and we were down so it worked out well.

All the ladies (Karleen, Melissa & Courtney) were great and got the plans all worked out.  I would get Glenn there and they would have everything else taken care of.  I was so nervous that I would say something wrong and Glenn would figure it out.  I guess I pulled it off because he was pretty surprised.

I told him that we needed to take the girls shooting since they hadn't been able to go hunting with Glenn, but Wyatt had.  The trap was set and he fell for it!!
He knew we were going to be meeting the Taylor's, but was surprised to see so many others there.  Everyone yelled surprise as he got out of the car...
This was a good surprise!  The smile gives it away!!
Lucky for us both the Taylor's work for the Wyoming Department of Transportation (or something like that) and they were able to get old construction signs and flags to use for the targets.  The I.V. bags were just for Glenn.  The balloons were for the kids.  Some had glitter in them so they looked really cool when they got shot.
A happy face that has said "see ya!" to chemo!!
All the kids shooting at the balloons...(Wyatt was the first to shoot one)
The kids had lots of fun with all the balloons...
I have about a hundred more photos, but didn't want to put them all on here.  If anyone (Karleen, Melissa, Courtney, Krista) wants copies let me know!!

No comments: