Monday, October 6, 2008

Still Waiting

We are still waiting for Chevron to sign off on the deal so we can continue with our plans, but here is what we know so far.

The company that Glenn is currently employed with, US Computer, offered about $3,000.00 for out moving expenses. We were totally thrilled and excited because we really didn't know how we were going to get up there. The woman that is going to be Glenn's supervisor in Evanston told him he should talk with the employment company up there and see what they would offer. They met US Computers offer and added...
1. Additional pay to be able to get insurance
2. Provide a truck
3. Provide a gas card
4. Review in 6 mo. for raise
5. Lots of holiday, vacation and personal time

Guess who we are going with?! We just need the Chevron boss to sign the deal and we will be on our way.

We are so excited we're about to jump out of our skin. Of course Maggie doesn't quite get what's going on yet. She's not sure she wants to leave Grandma's house and her friends from school, but at the same time she is excited that we will be in our own house. I haven't talked to her about the snow yet. Maybe that will be the clincher. She is always asking if it is going to snow and remembers a couple of years ago when it snowed here.

Zoe is just loving the stacks of boxes that I leave around that enable her to climb onto the pool table and get all the fun stuff we are trying to keep out of her reach. The poor pool table hasn't actually been used for pool for quite some time now. It's a very large "crap catcher" now.

Our original plan was to be ready to pick up the truck on the 15th, but now we will not leave until the first of November. Glenn doesn't work on Friday the 31st and suggested that we leave then. I had to strongly protest! I have worked too hard and put too much time into the girl's costumes for them not to be worn on Halloween. I'm planning to get pictures taken this week so I will post them later.

No comments: