Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Photo Session

The day after Maggie's first birthday I decided to have a black and white photo shoot with her. The pictures turned out really cute and I decided I wanted to do it every year around her birthday. In Houston it worked out well because, even though her birthday is in February, the weather was usually decent and we could do it outside. During our time in Utah I forgot to do it because the weather was less than desirable. This year was another bad weather year. I didn't think I would be able to get them done again. During our Spring Break we had a couple of days of really nice weather, but the sun was so bright I knew I would get a lot of squinting and complaining. Finally we had an overcast day that I thought would work well. We threw the kids in the truck and headed up to the "castle".

Just as we were finishing up and on our way back to the truck it started raining. Before we left our parking spot it was coming down pretty hard. Good timing!

I have not had a chance to do any photo shop work on these, but they turned out pretty cute and don't need much help anyway.

Maggie was my difficult subject. She used to love getting her picture taken, but now we have to drag a decent smile out of her. Most of her shots she had such a silly smile. Here are a couple that turned out pretty well.
I had changed the setting on my camera and didn't realize it changed back to color. Oops! I'm still getting used to my camera and all it's tricks and settings.

Camille came with us and got in on the fun...well silliness.










I love my silly girls!

No comments: