Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Masculine Bows?

I made a more boyish car seat cover, but I went ahead and put ribbon ties on it instead of the button tabs. I'm not sure I like the ribbon. Does it make it look girly? Should I take them off and put tabs on? I really do like how the ribbons look, but I can't decide if I like them for a boy.
Another question is what to do with the two girly covers I have. I most likely will donate one to the YM/YW auction, but I don't think I will do both. Is someone having a girl that would like a cover? Let me know soon so I can get you the one you want.

Apparently I did not take any picture of the finished argyle cover. I used the green and blue buttons.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so cute! I love that you can make all of these things!
I would take the bows off and addthe tabs. I like them, but I'm a girl =)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have thought a thing about the bows. He's a baby and I think babies and bows can go together regardless of the gender. I mean, I wouldn't go so far as to put one in his hair or anything, but on a carseat cover I could go for. Very cute! Put up other pics of stuff you sew.

Sandie said...

I think it looks fine especially since the fabric is all boy. You are so creative. Do you still have one of the girl covers? I would love to have my mom borrow your idea for my car seat. Would you mind?