Get to school - I try to get to school a few minutes early so Maggie can have some play time with friends before school and decompress from the stress of the morning. She has had a rough start to this school year and has had issues on the playground. It started to get to the bully stage, but I think it may be resolved now. I hope!
Visit Glenn - Zoe and I have gotten to drive to Glenn's work almost every morning to say hello. Some days he is out at sites and we don't get to see him, but we have enjoyed our quick hello's and kisses.
Drive home - On our way home I usually get a request to go to the castle. I posted about this already, but the other morning it was covered in snow and the bear that "guards" the castle was so covered we couldn't see his face. It made me even colder. I'm glad I'm not an animal that has to live in the cold and snow. I like my heater!
After that the days just don't have much routine. We do whatever. I'm pretty much healed and recovered from the surgery and I am so glad that the glucose testing is over as well. I do still spend A LOT of time in my rocking chair. I get so tired so quickly. I am really hoping that passes soon after having the baby. However, I am able to climb all of our stairs with less effort. I'm still out of breath, but I recover faster. I am grateful for my Doctors that were able to find the problem and then get it resolved. I'm still paranoid that something is going to go wrong with the pregnancy. My OB keeps telling me that our angel baby is doing just fine, but something tells me otherwise. I did have that feeling with the other two as well and I was wrong so my fingers are crossed that I'm wrong this time also.
Well, that wasn't were this post was headed in my mind, but whatever.
As Glenn was walking away from the van this morning Zoe said, "that's so cute that Dad". That turned the morning around for me. It was too cute. I turned to look at her and Glenn had really bundled her up with her blankets. She could barely see over the top. Very cute, but sad at the same time. We spent most of our summer with out AC and now we get to spend the winter without heat. We tried the good old fashioned beat-the-heck-out-of-the-dash remedy in an effort to save some money, but it didn't work. So we'll just be cold...VERY cold! We have a large supply of blankets in the van to wrap up in. We'll be good!
2 comments:
I always have bad feelings, too. I always think that I'm going to die and leave Don alone with them.
I hope that it's just worrying and nothing is wrong.
Stay warm!
Wow - I'm afraid it will get too cold in that van. You might have to hybernate in your apartment for the winter!
But then again I didn't have a car at Ricks and had to walk everywhere in below freezing temperatures and I lived, but still not pleasant.
Post a Comment