*Arrived at the hospital just before 8:30am. Dr. was still in surgery doing a c-section. We waited for a while then finally got to the Labor and Delivery room just before 9:00am.
*Mean nurses (2) tried to get my IV in. Three sticks between the two of them and they still couldn't get it. They called in the anesthesiologist. She poked me two more times before getting it right. I HATE IV'S!! They got the antibiotic and pitosin drip started. Shortly after that was done my contractions started. Fun times! Pitosin only kicks them up a FEW notches.
*Dr. Evans came in at about 10:30am to check me. 3cm, 70% effaced. She then broke my water.
*By 11:00am I was contracting regularly and looking forward to the epidural!
*I lost track of my times at this point because I was in pain and just wanted the epidural. Or so I thought. There were two anesthesiologists that came in to get the epidural going. Turns out they were the same two that helped during my gallbladder surgery. I liked them a lot better that day! It seemed to take quite a while to get the epidural right. By the time they were done I was totally tear soaked, embarrassed and about ready to walk out the door. He was having a difficult time finding just the right spot in my spine. He kept brushing the nerves on my left side which hurt like crazy and made me jump. Not good when someone has a needle in your spine! At last they were successful and just in the nick of time. My contractions were increasing in intensity and I was getting worn out.
*The super nice nurse (Stephanie) that took care of us all day kept coming in to check on me. She was very attentive and supportive and would chat with us when she had the time. EVERY time she came into our room the phone at the desk would ring. It was pretty funny actually. She would give me reports on my progress every time she checked me. She tried to help me go quicker by "working" the cervix and letting me know that she could feel the baby's head. He was getting lower so her plan was working.
*She called the Dr. when I got to about 8cm because she "didn't trust me". She thought I would go super fast after that point. She was right.
*Dr. Evans arrived a bit before 4:00pm and started getting everything ready.
*4:08pm - Baby arrived!! I pushed through about 4 or 5 contractions and he was here. Sweet relief!!
*The epidural did it's job and then some. I couldn't move my legs for quite some time afterward. After a few hours they tried to get me up to use the restroom and my left leg was still very numb. Glenn had to hang on for dear life while trying to get me around. That is a very strange feeling and it made me so grateful for my healthy body. I am so glad I don't have to experience any kind of paralysis or other major problems.
We are so grateful our little man has arrived and we get to hold him in our arms. I would much rather hold them in my arms than in my tummy!
Welcome to the world our sweet angel baby!
Wyatt Tomlinson
December 28, 2009
4:08 PM
6 pounds 15 ounces
20 1/4 inches
5 comments:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting FOREVER for that baby to come. My goodness. It's been like nine whole months. What in the world?!?!
I'm so glad that you have a baby! I do sooo love babies! Congrats, Glenn and Necia!!!!
And I looooooooove the name Wyatt. He's going to be so cool with that name. Love it.
So wish I could hold Baby "Quiet"!!
Congratulations! I am so happy you got a boy, that is exciting. He is darling and I like the name you guys picked. December 28th-good work, now you can claim him on your 2009 taxes, hahah!
Congrats on your cute little guy! I heard about the scare but it sounds like things are ok! Thank heavens!!!
Congrats! He is beautiful and I love that name :)
Post a Comment