Maggie has been begging us for months to cut her hair. We have refused. We're mean that way. That's how she felt anyway. We wanted her to grow her hair out to get it even from the two times she cut it herself and to let her bangs grow out. She hasn't been impressed with this reasoning so the begging has continued. I even told her that if she grows it long enough that she would be able to donate what was cut to help make wigs for people that have lost their hair during chemo treatments like her Dad. That worked for about two days and then the begging began again.
She started in on us during one of our trips to Mom & Dad's after a chemo treatment & Zoe chimed in saying she wanted to cut her hair too. This was the first time I heard her say she wanted it cut. Usually she would scream and throw a fit if we suggested she cut it. She wanted to be Rapunzel and it seamed like she was. It took so long to brush her hair and she would cry and get upset because it hurt. I had to keep telling her that it hurt to be a princess. She would still cry. So once I heard her say she wanted it cut I decided we better jump on it while it was her idea and not mine. However, I wanted to wait until after school pictures. I was hoping she would still be up for it. She was!
before: September 17, 2012

Maggie saw this magazine cover & immediately wanted this cut...
She was so ready & excited to get in that chair
during: September 21, 2012
after: September 29, 2012
Rapunzel before: September 17, 2012

during: September 21, 2012
looking a little nervous
after: September 29, 2012

Three cheers for short hair!!





No comments:
Post a Comment